In order to maintain and run an efficient fleet of vehicles, optimal lubrication is a key component. The problem with manual grease lubrication is that no matter how skilled your mechanic is with a grease gun, there will always be a certain amount of guesswork involved. This leads to under- or over-lubrication, both of which are harmful and wasteful.
By equipping you to apply just the right amount of grease, Lubecore’s Grease Volume Delivered (GVD) Meter protects your seals from too much or too little lubrication, meets equipment manufacturer requirements and keeps accurate and up-to-date records.
It’s time to take the guesswork out of manual grease lubrication in order to accurately service your vehicles’ grease-volume requirements.
GVD Meter Benefits
- Can be used in conjunction with a
- Displays accurate measurement of the volume delivered to critical grease points
- Meets equipment manufacturer lubrication instructions
- Protects critical bearings and reduces downtime from both over- and under-lubrication
- Can be used in combination with a
progressive divider valve
- Volume of grease going into a number of grease points is controlled by a progressive divider which regulates the ratio and volume of grease per point.
- Each grease point receives the correct volume according to design specifications.
- Total volume of grease required for the group of points is known, and the GVD Meter measures and records the volume delivered to the entire group of grease points.
- Responsibility for meeting lubrication requirements lies with the machine operator
- Responsibility to measure and record grease delivered lies with the equipment operator
- Automatic grease-to-grease point
- GVD Meter is attached to the progressive divider valve, which is fed by an automatic grease-based lubrication system
- Pump delivery is set to meet manufacturer’s greasing requirements by an electronic timer
- Grease is delivered in small portions during operating hours instead of in single, manual applications
- Amount of grease delivered is measured and recorded
- Manual override is allowed
- GVD Meter can be installed in a series in the mainline of an automated lubrication system
- Equipment running hours are measured
Installing the GVD Meter in your vehicles will reduce component wear and tear, save on maintenance and labour costs and improve fuel efficiency.
For more information, contact Lubecore today.